Pair this yummy and flavorful flank steak with some crispy frites for a perfect comfort meal
2 steaks, approximately 8-12 ounces each
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 lemon, zested
2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter for searing steak and for tossing with fries
10 ounces frozen fries
2 tablespoons mixed herbs(Italian parsley, rosemary, thyme) for fries
Easy less-than-10 minute Bearnaise:
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh shallot, peeled minced
¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon leaves
2-3 egg yolks
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted,
A few pinches of kosher salt
1) vinegar, shallot, black pepper in a small bowl and place in microwave for 3-5 minutes, then let sit approximately 10 minutes to cool, then drain the shallot and discard shallot.
2) transfer vinegar to a glass 2 cup measuring cup
3) add a tablespoon of water and the egg yolks to the vinegar
4) melt the butter in microwave until hot, 220 degrees.
5) immediately start making the sauce- using an emersion blender, slowly pour melted 220 degree butter into the measuring cup of water, egg yolks, seasoned vinegar, and blend while pouring butter into cup- resulting in a smooth, fluffy sauce
6) using a spoon, stir in the chopped tarragon, cover the measuring cup and hold in a warm place until ready to serve- do not hold more than 2 hours.
7) if you need to reheat the sauce, very gently reheat in microwave on low heat, stirring every 10 seconds until warmed.